Asus announced the pricing of its 32 GB VivoTab RT tablet, running under Microsoft's Windows RT, to be $599.99 a few weeks ago. That's just for the tablet and not for the optional keyboard dock which would normally add another $200 to its price. By contrast, you can get the 32 GB version of Microsoft Surface tablet, with Windows RT and its touch cover, for $599.
Now it looks like some retailers have decided to bring the price of the Asus VivoTab RT tablet down a bit, and Asus is also throwing in a nice hardware freebie. Both Amazon.com and B&H are showing the tablet to be currently priced at $549.99. That's a pretty decent price cut for a tablet that's only been on the market for a few days.
Asus has also decided to offer anyone who purchases the VivoTab RT tablet a way to get that $200 keyboard dock for free. The full information is available at the company's website. It does require the person to register with the ASUS Membership program, along with registering the actual Asus VivoTab RT device...
- Asus, HP, and Lenovo are building Win10 PCs with Snapdragon 835 chips
- Microsoft’s Bringing the Old Windows 10 Start Menu on Windows RT Tablets - Report
- Low-Cost Windows 10 Tablets with Rockchip RK3288 Might Be Coming Soon
- Large ARM based Windows 10 tablet spotted in benchmarks
- Windows RT Becomes the New Vista: Microsoft Kills Last Nokia Tablet Running It