Here is a bit of interesting news we learned today. If you purchased a Surface RT and are interested in buying a Surface Pro, Microsoft will offer you a credit for your trade-in towards the purchase of a Pro. We called two Microsoft's stores and both confirmed that there is a deal in place but required us to come in to learn more about the offer and would not give us more details over the phone.
We find this deal to be quite interesting as Microsoft is looking to build out the user base of the RT and the Pro but by allowing this offer, Microsoft would be shrinking the size of the RT consumer base. But for the consumer, this is a fantastic deal if you wish to upgrade your current device to the more powerful Pro.
- Windows 10 on ARM is NOT Windows RT all over again
- What Is Windows 10 on ARM, and How is It Different From Windows RT?
- Microsoft: x86 Apps Will Run On ARM Chips At Near-Native Performance
- Microsoft video shows Windows on ARM running full Windows 10 and x86 apps
- Windows 10 PCs Powered by Snapdragon 835 “Won’t Be Too Expensive,” Qualcomm Says