Summary: There are rumors that HTC made be coming out with a Windows RT tablet and I think that is a huge mistake for the financially failing company. They have an excellent device in the One and need to market the heck out of it to try to get back in the game.
I like a good April Fool's joke and at times it is tough to figure out if something is true or not, especially given the fact that so many stories are written without verification just to bring in page views. I hope the rumored HTC Windows RT tablet is one of these fake rumors, but I suspect it might be real. HTC is experiencing serious financial issues and they don't have the bandwidth to lose focus of their smartphone sales to spend time on a platform that hasn't generated much excitement.
- Microsoft: x86 Apps Will Run On ARM Chips At Near-Native Performance
- Microsoft's Windows Server on ARM move: More questions and answers
- Windows Server on ARM: It's happening
- MediaTek Says No to Windows 10 on ARM Because It’s a Risky Idea
- Windows 10 PCs Powered by Snapdragon 835 “Won’t Be Too Expensive,” Qualcomm Says