The 2014 line of Samsung Galaxy Tabs could dual-boot Android and Windows RT, according to a new report. Microsoft allegedly asked both Samsung and Huawei to consider loading the OS onto Android tablets and smartphones as a dual-boot option.
Samsung has reportedly begun development on a 12-inch tablet with a very high-definition display; those who claim to have spent time with the device say it works quite well.
The news comes quickly on the heels that HTC may also be considering integrating Windows Phone into future smartphones alongside Android. Microsoft, obviously desperate to expand its mobile market share, is said to be dangling a carrot that waives licensing fees and includes compensation.
- The Revolution Begins: Snapdragon 835 Device Runs Windows 10 and Android 7
- Microsoft’s Bringing the Old Windows 10 Start Menu on Windows RT Tablets - Report
- Low-Cost Windows 10 Tablets with Rockchip RK3288 Might Be Coming Soon
- Large ARM based Windows 10 tablet spotted in benchmarks
- Windows RT Becomes the New Vista: Microsoft Kills Last Nokia Tablet Running It