With Surface 2, everything has changed: This device offers significantly better performance and better battery life in a package that is better looking, thinner and lighter than that of its predecessor. But questions about the Windows RT platform remain. Is Surface 2 good enough to jumpstart Microsoft's Windows devices vision?
If you've been paying attention to my reviews about the second-generation Surface devices and accessories, you know that this one was a long time coming. I didn't review the first generation Surface RT because I didn't see the point. But Surface 2 is such a huge and eye-opening improvement over the original. I wanted to get this one right.
- Report: Microsoft Surface Phone Prototype Runs Snapdragon 835, Supports x86 Apps
- Did you pull a boner and buy a Windows RT Surface? Microsoft offers redemption
- Microsoft confirms Surface 2 production has ended, but Windows RT questions remain
- Microsoft has stopped making the Surface 2 tablet, spelling trouble for Windows RT
- Microsoft's Surface Mini May Give New Life to Windows RT