Some of you might remember that, back in February, Microsoft promised there would be a free version of Windows 10 for Raspberry Pi 2 owners.
Well, day one of the Microsoft Build 2015 conference has just ended and Raspberry Pi owners can call themselves victorious. The Windows 10 IoT Core Insider developer preview just got launched for small devices such as the Raspberry Pi 2 and is available for download.
Microsoft does note that the preview is pretty rough around the edges and places its hopes on the active community to pitch in and help by providing constructive feedback which will hopefully pave the way towards a full release sometime in the near future.
- Windows 10 on ARM is NOT Windows RT all over again
- Microsoft and Qualcomm announce Always Connected Windows 10 'Mobile PCs' with Snapdragon 835
- Microsoft: x86 Apps Will Run On ARM Chips At Near-Native Performance
- Microsoft video shows Windows on ARM running full Windows 10 and x86 apps
- Windows 10 Creators Update Brings Cortana on the Raspberry Pi