Futuremark has announced that the next version of 3DMark, its popular benchmarking software, will offer cross platform testing capabilities on Windows, Windows RT, Android and iOS devices. With three all new tests Futuremark says 3DMark can be used with the full range of hardware from smartphones and tablets, to notebooks and home PCs, to the latest high-end, multi-GPU gaming desktops. Futuremark expects to launch the new 3DMark before the end of the year.
3DMark is well known in PC circles as the go-to benchmark for testing the latest Windows gaming PCs and video cards. Today Futuremark announced that the next version of 3DMark will also be available on Android, iOS and Windows RT devices. Futuremark says 3DMark scores will be directly comparable across platforms providing valuable insight into the performance differences between competing devices and operating systems.
- Windows 10 on ARM is NOT Windows RT all over again
- What Is Windows 10 on ARM, and How is It Different From Windows RT?
- Microsoft and Qualcomm announce Always Connected Windows 10 'Mobile PCs' with Snapdragon 835
- Microsoft: x86 Apps Will Run On ARM Chips At Near-Native Performance
- Microsoft video shows Windows on ARM running full Windows 10 and x86 apps