Jailbreaking Windows RT just got easy. Merely days after a complicated method to run unsigned apps on Microsoft's tablet operating system was uncovered, there is now an automated method available, dubbed RT Jailbreak Tool. No more messing around with debuggers and assembers.
Compared to the previous method, the RT Jailbreak Tool, dressed as a BAT file, overly simplifies the process such that even inexperienced users can jailbreak Windows RT devices. The prerequisites for running the automated hack are straightforward -- the user has to boot the tablet, log in and "sit on the desktop for about a minute" before opening the RT Jailbreak Tool.
The BAT file then automatically goes through the necessary steps to run unsigned apps, only requiring the user to press the Volume Down key in order to finish the process and validate any prompts that appear.
- How will ARM support impact Windows 10?
- Report: Microsoft Surface Phone Prototype Runs Snapdragon 835, Supports x86 Apps
- Hackers manage to unlock Windows RT tablets and run non-Windows OS
- Microsoft’s Windows RT security patch also stops you from loading Linux
- Hacker gets Windows RT 8.1 PE running on unreleased Lumia 650 XL