Microsoft is apparently having a change of heart over the recently-released jailbreak tool for Windows RT devices, with the company now suggesting that it may block the hack after all.
A downloadable software solution that provides a one-click jailbreak option for Windows RT users was released on the web a couple of weeks ago and as long as the jailbreak community is concerned, plenty of users have already unlocked their devices.
But Microsoft claims that it's now looking into the issue and will make a decision as soon as possible.
"We are actively investigating this and will take appropriate action as necessary," a Microsoft spokesperson told TNW in a short statement.
- Hackers manage to unlock Windows RT tablets and run non-Windows OS
- Microsoft’s Windows RT security patch also stops you from loading Linux
- Hacker gets Windows RT 8.1 PE running on unreleased Lumia 650 XL
- Windows Phone Device Hacked to Run Windows RT
- Why Windows 10 on Raspberry Pi 2? Upton: 'I drank the Kool-Aid'