The first jailbreak tool for Windows RT platforms emerged a few months ago and since Microsoft showed no desire to block the hack, the developers behind this project continue their work to make the app better.
The 1.20 version is now available for download for all Windows RT users who wish to jailbreak their tablets and run unsigned code, bringing a few improvements that are supposed to make the whole process a bit faster and easier.
According to Netham45, the XDA Developers forum member who created the jailbreak app, the new build makes the BAT file use registry keys instead of files in system32 and adds a registry-based startup folder...
- How to Jailbreak Your Windows RT Device and Run Unapproved Desktop Software
- How to unlock (jailbreak) your Windows RT device
- Hacking Windows RT Journal: Part 1
- You can run legacy apps on jailbroken Windows RT and will be able to use a third-party app store (soon)
- Windows RT Jailbreak Tool Still Available, Microsoft Seems to Ignore It