A number of people who own the original Surface RT tablet (now known just as Surface) have not had a lot of luck when it comes to updating the tablet to Windows RT 8.1. Microsoft pulled that update from the Windows Store a couple of days after it was released because it was bricking some Surface RT devices. Microsoft put the update back in the store earlier this week.
Now, Microsoft has stated that some owners of Surface RT have experienced a decrease in the tablet's battery life after installing the Windows RT 8.1 update. This is apparently affecting just the owners who had downloaded and installed the preview version of the OS before the final version was released.
In a page on the Surface website, Microsoft says:
- Windows 10 on ARM is NOT Windows RT all over again
- What Is Windows 10 on ARM, and How is It Different From Windows RT?
- You can make Windows 10 act like Windows RT with the Creators Update
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update Now Available for Raspberry Pi 3
- Hackers manage to unlock Windows RT tablets and run non-Windows OS